Pylypets-Podobovets is ski area located 12 km to the south from the Volovets, which is on the Kyiv-Uzhhorod train line. The ski lifts (including the chair one in Pylypets) are new.
In Pylypets village turn towards “Shypit waterfall” sign board and go few kilometers more.
If you are travelling by train or bus, you have to take the local taxi from the train/bus station to Pylypets. The price of the transfer depends on the group.
There are 6 T-bar and 1 chair lift in Pylypets:
– the T-bar lift of the hotel complex “Zatyshok” (450 m). The length of the piste is 700 m. It has also the nigh-lightening, so you will have an opportunity to prolong your skiing/snowboarding day;
- the complex “Borzhavski Polonyny” is formed by 4 T-bar and 1 chair (1500 m) lifts. The upper lift station is located on the height of 1163 m. There is a possibility to hike to the top of the Hymba Mountain (1497 m) from the upper station. It will take you about an hour.
- 2 T-bar lifts “Mahura” (1000 m). The pistes of this complex are the perfect options for the beginners.The main piste is about 1700 m in length. It is of the red (intermediates) and black (experts) categories. The main attraction of Pylypets is the off-piste skiing/snowboarding. There are wide meadows with gentle or steep slopes, forest trails, a beech forest with rare trees, steep descents through pine forest. If you hike to the top of the Hymba Mountain, you can make an exellent freeride descent to the waterfall Shypit (Whisper).
Pylypets has still ongoing development both on and off the ski field with the potential to extend the ski area right up to 1700m. New hotels and cottages are being tastefully constructed at Pylypets from wood. For example, some cottages have been built near the top of the new ski piste, which rises to nearly 1200 m above sea level from a base of 800 m.
Podobovets is located a few kilometers from Pylypets. It is possible to take a local taxi to try skiing/snowboarding on both resorts. It is lesser known, so that the lifts are less busy.
There are three T-bar lifts (1230 m, 1250 m and one for the beginners – 400 m), few pistes:
- Piste # 1 – right and left sides from the lift (to the valley). The central upper section is steep descent, to the right side – powder skiing/snowboarding (usually). Further all the routes go into the small out-run, then – the steep humpy descent and again long out-run (about 300 m). This out-run is quite convenient for the beginners.
- Piste # 2 (“sport”) – on left side from the lift (if seeing the valley) along the trail right to the out-run (steep humpy descent). This piste also joins with the lower easy out-run, but it has two options with very steep descents, which lead you to the upper station of the beginner T-bar lift.
- Piste #3 – on the right side of the lift (to the valley) – powder skiing/snowboarding through the wood, futher – wide out-run across the field to the lift.
- Piste # 4 – also on the right side from the lift (to the valley) along the “pipe” you can ski/snowboard to the lifts of Pylypets.
- Piste for the beginners (about 200 m) – gentle slope at the right sight from the main lift. It is a perfect place to learn skiing/snowboarding. This piste has night-lightening.
- There is a road near the upper station of the main lift, which leads across the wide meadows to the Velykyi Verkh Mt. (1598 m). It will take you about 2 hours to reach the top.
Check all about the accommodation in Pylypets